Tuesday, March 24, 2009

THE LIFE AND LOVES OF BOYD WATKINS


After graduating from Acalanes, I attended Diablo Valley Junior College with a science major and plans to attend the University of California in Berkeley for my additional studies in Electronic Engineering. During this time, I joined the Navy reserves in order to safe guard against being drafted in to the Army. I didn’t get drafted but the navy had a clever (undeclared) scheme in which they could draft people that signed up if they needed more personnel. So instead of attending UC Berkeley after graduating from junior college, I had the privilege of serving two years in the Navy (first on a aircraft carrier in the Pacific and then at a data center in the Mohave Dessert) and then I attended UC Berkeley. After graduation I worked as an Electronic Engineer in Silicon Valley for a year, then returned to UC to get a Masters degree. Following that, I joined a series of start up companies, in Silicon Valley, and did research on and development of microelectronic circuits. I did this for 10 years and then, following the sale of a small technology company I co-founded with several other people, I started a consulting company to assist technology companies to address socioeconomic problems. The company morphed into a small manufacturing company, Interel, Inc., that still produces a line of Action Learning Devices used by consultants who do employee and organizational development.

After one year in Silicon Valley I moved to San Francisco with my wife and one year later had a daughter. Several years later I was divorced and doing the serial monogamy dating game and still living and loving San Francisco. I am now married to a wonderful woman, who I met 19 years ago, and I have a wonderful relation ship with my daughter and I still live in and love San Francisco. I am able to maintain Interel working part time and so I have time to ride my many bicycles, enjoy the cultural resources of the city and occasionally travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment